Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Thursday, June 3, 2010

Peace is Impossible

Watching the "let's defend Israel/trash Palestine" chorus come out every time Israel does some dumb shit makes me pessimistic that peace will ever occur in that region. Whenever there is a one sided condemnation like that, nothing gets accomplished. Okay, a few bad apples in Hamas blow up some Israelis, that is bad too. But killing nine peace activists trying to bring supplies to Gaza is probably far worse because I realise that my tax dollars are probably going to that. Once Israel stops killing people, Hamas won't have a reason to retaliate and boom, you have peace. But that's a rational solution and will never happen because some politicians (even Democrats) have too much loyalty to whatever Israel does and nobody will win.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 1000%

    You cannot force people to get along peacefully. I say, if you can't act right, it's time to take away the toys.

    ReplyDelete