Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Saturday, January 23, 2010

Office Depot Commercial

I was watching a commercial on tv last night and it got me thinking. It was for Office Depot and it was about this barber who one day had a big hair-cutting business move across the street from him and they were offering 5 dollar haircuts and he couldn't compete. Then he went to Office Depot and got some stuff to save him money so he could compete and the big business that moved in across the street disappeared.

Sounds great and I have nothing against Office Depot per se. But don't you see some irony in this at all? How many small businesses has Office Depot put out of business? I mean why do big businesses pretend to be on the side of small businesses against other big businesses? Is it because they fear a potential backlash down the road from the people?

No comments:

Post a Comment