Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Solution: Tax the Wealthy

Some on the right say there isn't enough money to tax and spend on social programs, that's bullshit. They just don't want programs cause they hate progress. Let me explain this simply:

There are 300 million people in this country, so the wealthiest 1% represents 3 million people. Everyone of those people are already pretty wealthy, so taxes aren't a problem. If everyone of those people gives at least 100,000 dollars, that's 3 trillion right there. That alone can pay for a stimulus program that will create millions of jobs. Since there are some very wealthy millionaires and billionaires, they can pay more and we will generate an extra couple trillion. With that we can spend that on single-payer universal healthcare. The growth created by the stimulus will bring in more money and we will slowly also pay off the debt. If we cut military spending, there's more money for us. By taxing the very wealthy a lot more, we can solve every problem in the country.

But no, I'm just a dreamer. Nobody will have the guts to do this cause the wealthy already have too much power and will find loopholes. Greedy fucks. But I could be wrong. Prove me wrong Democrats, prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment