Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Friday, November 12, 2010

Jim Davis Apologizes for the Funniest Cartoon He's Made in Years

Two things I hate: people who don't apologize for doing wrong and people who apologize for doing nothing wrong.

Cartoonist Jim Davis apologized Thursday for a Garfield strip that some veterans may have found offensive.

The strip ran on Veterans Day in newspapers across the country. It shows a spider daring the pudgy orange cat to squash it. The spider tells Garfield that if he is killed, "they will hold an annual day of remembrance in my honor."

The final panel shows a spider-teacher asking its students if they know why spiders celebrate "National Stupid Day."

Funny. I'm wondering if there is some sort of buffer zone where someone can make a cartoon and not offend anyone. I mean, if the cartoon came out on Easter, there would be people who would be like "you can't say that about Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment