Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Friday, February 26, 2010

William Melvin Hicks 12/16/61-2/26/94 American Hero

A few years ago, I discovered the band Tool and listened to the album "Aenema" and the final track "Third Eye" had this spoken voice of someone I've never heard of before. It was comedian Bill Hicks ranting about drugs. I went to Youtube and watched some of his comedy bits and the more and more I watched him, the more he made sense. Hicks died 16 years ago today of Pancreatic Cancer at the age of 32. In the days before his death, he didn't try to find Jesus or anything, he re-read the "Lord of the Rings" and made jokes. The dude with his comedic routine made his voice heard and the world needs more people like him. Too bad he had to die. Bill Hicks is an American hero. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment