Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Sunday, February 7, 2010

Adam Graham Hates the Environment

I stumbled across this today as I check the crazy right-wing blogs and it's nothing special. It's the same crap, environmentalists hate people, it's a religion, it's about control, DDT was good, bla bla bla. But what I would like to highlight is the cover he uses.

Certainly, we ought to have clean air and clean water. Who likes polluted streams and unbreathable air? Likewise, we ought to treat God's creatures with respect and kindness. I remember how angry was when on a visit to the Columbus zoo, a crowd of kids were infuriating the gorillas, teasing them until they would slam themselves into the glass. I'm all for banning cockfighting and dogfighting and making them felonies. William Wilberforce opposed cruelty to animals and so do I.

So he likes clean air and clean water and hates animals getting bullied, well same for me, but I don't then go and rant for paragraphs about how I am not an environmentalist. If Adam really likes clean air and water, then he should shut the fuck up cause it were environmentalists that fought for that. But Adam does something clever here, he then claims "Environmentalist Initiatives May Not Benefit the Environment", therefore he thinks in his mind that he is doing the right thing.

He cites some forest fires in Montana as proof that environmentalists are anti-environmental. So opposing the cutting down of trees where the animals live means we hate the animals, I don't get it. Plus this is false, if you want to prevent forest fires, the last thing you want to do is cut down trees. Dense forests are terrible for starting forest fires, they are sometimes damp, shady, green, and very closed to prevent wind from sweeping through. The areas that are most vulnerable to fire are areas near homes and yes logging areas where recently cut down trees act as fuel. So the blame-the-environmentalist attitude doesn't work here, but I guess Adam doesn't give a levitating rat's ass about the facts.

I could go on, but I think the case is that environmentalism is not only important to the Earth, but mankind as well and anyone like Adam who says they aren't an environmentalist, hates the Earth and mankind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment