Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Thursday, February 4, 2010

Charles Johnson the Jew Hunter

In the movie Inglorious Basterds, a Nazi who is called the "Jew Hunter" surrenders to Brad Pitt (his character) and wants to live in the US in a luxurious house if he surrenders. Not only that, he wants to take credit for the entire operation to kill Hitler and go down in history as a hero.

I was remembering a few weeks ago Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs posted his Why I Parted Ways With the Right piece. While it's great he "joined"* our side, I have a question for Charles: why fucking now?

Seriously.

Racism, homophobia, hate speech, creationism, global warming denial, fascism, sexism, Islamophobia, I get it the right sucks, but I figured this out years ago when I just started learning about politics, but Johnson is an older man who has had LGF be a conservative blog for years, why hasn't this affected him then? The right has always been racist, has always been homophobic, etc. Is CJ saying he was once that way and not anymore, or is he saying the right used to be good and it is not anymore. I think the latter and that is not intellectually accurate.

I'm unimpressed at CJ's sudden conversion, the dude also needs to apologize to Dan Rather for smearing him and even after CJ's conversion, he is still bashing Rather. He also needs to apologize to the family of Rachel Corrie and Palestinians.

While CJ is being praised for his conversion, I see this as just opportunistic. But I do read LGF for links to stories while keeping in mind CJ's past bullshit.

At the end of Inglorious Basterds, Brad Pitt carves a Swastika in the Jew Hunter's forehead to make him and others remember that he was a Nazi forever. I'm not saying we should do this to CJ, but I think we need to remind him of his past forever.

*Notice how his column is not titled "Why I Joined the Left", I think this is to leave room in case he wants to go anti-liberal while at the same time being anti-conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment