Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fuck Palin

If you want a clear example of adding insult to injury, look no further than Sarah Palin.

The term "blood libel" is not well known, but it is highly charged — a direct reference to a time when many European Christians blamed Jews for kidnapping and murdering Christian children to obtain their blood. Jews were tortured and executed for crimes they did not commit, emblematic of anti-Semitism so virulent that some scholars recoiled Wednesday at Palin's use of the term.

Palin used this for one reason and one reason alone, because Gabrielle Giffords is Jewish. It's like her saying, "I know I'm partially responsible for this shooting of a Jewish woman, but when you call me out on it, I will say that you are persecuting me for being the Jew!" This kind of childishness has no place in politics. Palin could have just said, "I'm sorry" and it would have been the end of it.

But the good news is that hopefully this will end any possible political future for her, lack of success is the best revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment