Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Friday, December 30, 2011

Patriot of the Year

Yes the award should go to the protesters around the world and in the US, but the award usually goes to one or in one case two people. I think one person inspired patriotism the most and that person is:

Elizabeth Warren

She announced that she is running for the great Ted Kennedy's old seat in Massachusetts being held by Scott "look at me I drive a truck" Brown. But she made a great point this year and it is worth quoting:

"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody. You built a factory out there—good for you! But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for."

So thank you future Senator Elizabeth Warren, 2011's award goes to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment