Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me and I welcome their hatred.-FDR







Sunday, November 20, 2011

Occupy Movement, My Generation's Greatness Moment

Every generation has had its moment of greatness, why is my generation any different? My grandparents had the defeat of Germany and Japan, my parents had civil rights and the hippy protest of the Vietnam War, and now my generation (Generation Y/Millennials) has its greatness moment: the Occupy Movement. For the past 30 years, right-wing policies have slowly eroded good government laws and regulations and now corporations have too much power. The Occupy Movement which started at Wall Street is in its infancy and has potential for real change. Of course like all great movements, there will be rabid right-wing pushback. But there's one thing the great movements in history have that they don't have: being right. Haters will hate, so let them, just as long as the good guys win at the end. To my peers in the Occupy Movement: get ready to make history!

No comments:

Post a Comment